TOP 10: University of Lincoln Freshers Week food
The University of Lincoln's Freshers Week begins on September 22.
During the build-up, we here at the Lincolnshire Echo will be bringing you essential top 10 guides to make sure you get the most out of your week.
Keep checking back each day for the latest instalment in the must-read Freshers Week guide.
TOP 10 CHEAP PLACES TO EAT AND DRINK
Wella SP Color Save 7 Piece Gift Set. rrp £27.50 (saving £10.00)View details
Colour Save Shampoo 250ml, Colour Save Conditioner 200ml, Mini Repair Shampoo 30ml,Mini Repair Mask 30ml, Mini Shine Define Shampoo 30ml, Mini Shine Define Mask 30ml,Mini Perfect Hold Hairspray 50ml
Terms: Limited availability. Whilst stocks last.
Contact: 01522 303163
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
place/offers/ what it does / website
- Tower Bar is the host of many a football match and student quiz - and knows what it is doing when it comes to food. Build your own burger and present your student card for a 20 per cent discount on your food bill.
- The Slug and lettuce is a short walk up the High Street in Lincoln. Offering 50 per cent off all food every Monday and a range of cocktail deals throughout the week, it is a great all-rounder.
- Lincoln also boasts its own Toby Carvery, a must for all you can eat roasts with a selection of meats. Go during the week to avoid higher Sunday food rates.
- No student city would be complete without a Whetherspoons. The Ritz is nestled on the High Street just beyond the train barriers. You will find the usual steak and curry nights among other offers throughout the week.
- Pomodoro e Basilico sees authentic Italian food served up in the heart of Lincoln. Located on Guildhall Street, regular two courses for £10 offers can be found.
- Bunty’s Tearooms is on Lincoln’s famous Steep Hill and takes on a vintage 1940s feel. Their adventurous cake selections and reasonably priced snacks make it a must stop for ‘thirst-aid’ when exploring the hill for the first time.
- The Shed is the one stop shop for a quick break before lectures or a cold drink in the sun afterwards. With some great deals on hot food and desserts, you will find yourself there more than once.
- YoYo in Beijing hosts an all you can eat bar stuffed full of delicious oriental food. Sit in and eat, or alternatively choose the takeaway option for as little as £4.80 during lunchtimes.
- Fodders sandwich shop is based just outside of Lincoln town centre, along Newland Street. It is great for a quick snack or a hot breakfast before heading off to lectures, and easy on the wallet.
-Aside from being one of Lincoln’s main club venues, Home also hosts its own bar and restaurant. The Lounge bar and kitchen serves main courses which start at around £7 and anyone with the club’s discount card can get money off.