'Accidental' Old Leake shotgun blast victim on road to recovery
A 50-year-old Lincolnshire man who was critically injured in a shotgun blast is recovering - and police have said the incident was 'accidental'.
Lincolnshire Police revealed today that the local man from Old Leake has been transferred from the intensive care unit to a general ward at Boston's Pilgrim Hospital.
And Detective Sergeant Karl Whiffen of Boston CID confirmed that the victim was expected to "make a good recovery."
He had been brought into the hospital at just before 9pm last Thursday, August 22, by a relative.
SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL LUXE OIL uses a reconstructive Transform Technology that benefits hair inside and out, while protecting it from damage:
Terms: Whilst stocks last.
Contact: 01522 303163
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
Critically wounded, he had emergency surgery that night.
A 28-year-old man arrested last week was released on bail to return to the police station at a later date after further enquiries have been carried out.
But Det Sgt Whiffen said: "We are still investigating the circumstances surrounding what happened.
"But at this stage it appears that the discharge of the 4.10 shotgun was accidental.
"Part of our enquires involve the origin of the weapon and the legality of its possession."
Witnesses or anyone with information about the incident can call the non-emergency 101, quoting incident number 406 of August 22.