Apprentices can bring passion and new ideas to your business
Could apprenticeships provide you with the savvy, skilled and enthusiastic workforce to help your business thrive?
Here's ten reasons to consider apprentices for your business:
1. There's one for your industry. Apprenticeships are designed by industry experts so the training is relevant to your business. There are more than 250 types of apprenticeships ranging from manufacturing and engineering to dental nursing and retail. There are also a broad range of cross-sector apprenticeship routes including business administration, accounting and team leading.
2. Help the economy and youth unemployment. Taking on a young person and training them up will help to tackle youth unemployment. Apprenticeships play a vital role in jobs creation, improving skill levels and supporting business growth providing a welcome financial boost to the economy.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
3. Funding and £1,500 incentive available. Training costs for 16 to 18-year-old apprentices are fully funded by the Government. For apprentices aged over 19 and not in the first year of their apprenticeship training costs are part-funded. Contact Aspire for more details.
What's more, there is a £1,500 grant available for businesses when they hire an apprentice aged 16 to 24 – eligibility criteria applies.
4. Shape your workforce. Apprenticeships enable you to "grow your own talent". Not only do they ensure that your business has the right level of skills for now and the future but apprentices are mouldable and learn the values of your business first-hand. If you have an older workforce, you can use apprenticeships to pass on the skills you need for the future.
5. Free vacancy advertising and matching service. Where you have a vacancy for an apprentice, Aspire can help you create a job description and advertise the vacancy for you. Candidates will be sifted to provide you with a short list to interview – but as the employer, the final decision will always be yours.
6. Harness fresh ideas and talent. Apprentices are passionate and eager to learn. They can bring new ideas and creativity into a business.
7. Motivate and develop your existing workforce. Apprenticeships can also be a valuable training route for your existing employees and there is no upper age limit to become an apprentice. Research shows that investing in your employees' development can lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
8. Futureproof your business. Training your workforce means you have employees with the skills you need for the future – apprentices can be the managers of tomorrow.
9. Many apprenticeships are undertaken solely in the workplace. Depending on the apprenticeship programme, it may be that the training takes place entirely at your company premises (for pathways such as hospitality and catering, business administration and customer service for example). Other more traditional routes involve day or block release to college, such as engineering and hairdressing.
10. Support every step of the way. From the moment your vacancy is advertised, or your existing employee is signed up, you and your apprentice will receive continued support throughout their training.
Aspire is the business training arm of Lincoln, Newark and Gainsborough College, providing apprenticeships, short industry-led courses and tailor-made training for businesses across the East Midlands and further afield.Call 0845 270 7227 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org college.ac.uk or visit www.aspire- training.co.uk