'No CPR on studentfor six minutes'
Nightclub door staff did not perform CPR on a University of Lincoln student until at least six minutes after he collapsed, an inquest heard.
Shane Pueschel was with friends when he fell ill behind the DJ booth on the top floor of Ritzy, Silver Street, in the early hours of January 21 last year.
He died five days later.
Footage from CCTV cameras showed the 18-year-old collapsing at 2.26am, but door staff did not attempt CPR until at least six minutes later.
Hurry Up!!! Special £5 Voucher for Nepalese and Indian TakeawayView details
We are providing £5 voucher for all online registered customer. Register online at www.everestxpress.co.uk
or visit our Takeaway with a copy of this voucher. Call us on 01522541930 for more details.
Terms: Visit our website for full T & C.
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
The first year student was taken through a fire exit and put in the recovery position by door staff after two friends tried to pick him up.
Head doorman Mark West, who was the first official first aider on the scene, told the inquest he did not know Mr Pueschel had stopped breathing.
He chose to eject one of Mr Pueschel's friends for being aggressive despite being urged to call an ambulance.
Mr West said he began CPR with his colleague David Ridley when he returned to Mr Pueschel at 2.32am after ejecting the friend.
The inquest heard they were joined by a street warden with a defibrillator. But the East Midlands Ambulance Service did not receive a 999 call from any member of staff at the club until 2.46am – 20 minutes after Mr Pueschel collapsed.
The inquest was told a first responder and two paramedics arrived within six minutes.
Mr Pueschel, who lived on Newland Street West, Lincoln, was taken to Lincoln County Hospital where he died on January 26, last year.
Although he did not normally drink, he had been bought four vodka and red bulls in the club by a friend.
The inquest was due to finish today.