Carelessly discarded cigarette causes Lincoln flats balcony fire
Firefighters were called to luxury apartments in Lincoln city centre late this afternoon after reports of a fire on a sixth-floor balcony.
Two crews were sent to Witham Wharf, on Brayford Street off Brayford Wharf East, at just after 5.30pm.
One of the Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue appliances was immediately stood down when it was revealed that the fire had been put out by a resident.
"There was a small fire in a planter on the balcony which was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette," said crew manager Julia Warner, who entered the building with a colleague.
SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL LUXE OIL uses a reconstructive Transform Technology that benefits hair inside and out, while protecting it from damage:
Terms: Whilst stocks last.
Contact: 01522 303163
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
"It was out on arrival and we just checked that the damage was restricted to the planter and that no-one was hurt in the incident."