Dog owner vows to catch person who 'poisoned' her dog on West Common in Lincoln
A furious dog owner has vowed to find the culprits responsible for a spate of suspected poisonings which left her dog dead and killed two others.
Furious Rachael Constable spoke out after a visit from Lincolnshire Police – investigating the death of her two-year-old Labrador cross Stanley.
He was put to sleep by an out-of-hours emergency vet at North Hykeham four days after picking up a suspected poisoned rabbit carcass on Lincoln's West Common.
In a separate, but similar incident, a greyhound also died.
Get hi lites or low lites and a cut & blowdry with Hannah or Daniel between 10th and 14th December for only £40.00 please contact the salon for more details, just let us know its with this voucher.
Terms: terms and conditions apply and limited spaces
Contact: 01522 305178
Valid until: Saturday, December 14 2013
Student occupational therapist Miss Constable, 30, from Saxon Street in Lincoln, watched helplessly as Stanley died in pain four days after he ate a rabbit bone.
She said: "I worked at the Newmarket Equine Hospital for two years and when Stanley went into seizure I knew he'd been poisoned.
"But I'm also absolutely determined to find out who is responsible because we had no idea what was wrong with him until it was too late."
Fern Ember, of Happy Paws Dog Training, said: "The dogs all died with severe gastric symptoms and convulsions.
"We know the second dog picked up a raw bone the morning she died.
"The third, a greyhound, had eaten a rabbit carcass.
"All dog walkers are warned to keep their dogs on leads and away from any dead animals.
"If you come across a rabbit corpse, please pick it up in a bag, contact me on 07920 018038 and we'll arrange a toxicology report.
"Poisoning results in vomiting of the entire stomach contents and the dog deteriorates within a couple of hours, with its organs shutting down."
Dick Holmes of Lincolnshire Police said: "We visited one of the dog owners after a complaint was made but it is difficult to determine if poisons are involved unless we get samples to test."