Gainsborough mum-of-five banned from owning animals after dog's death
A mum-of-five whose dog died after swallowing a string food net has been banned from owning animals for two years.
The RSPCA found German Shepherd-cross Marley's emaciated body at Tara Jakes' address in Theaker Avenue, Gainsborough.
Lincoln Magistrates' Court heard death was probably due to loss of fluid caused by vomiting because the small intestine was blocked for two-to-three days.
Jakes, 39, admitted unnecessary suffering by failing to seek veterinary care between February 17 and 24.
Jakes was fined £75 with £100 costs and a £15 surcharge. Her ban prevents her from owning, keeping or participating in keeping animals.