Sleaford Town and Huntingdon Town charged by FA after mass brawl
Sleaford Town FC have been charged by the FA following a “mass brawl” during a FA Cup tie with Huntingdon last week.
The non-league club has been charged with failing to control their players and supporters during the game.
Opponents Huntingdon Town have also been charged.
A hearing will take place at Northamptonshire FA next Wednesday.
A spokesman from the FA said: "Sleaford Town and Huntingdon Town have both been charged by The FA following their FA Cup First Round Qualifying tie on Saturday 14 September 2013.
"The charge is that both clubs failed to ensure that their players and/or officials and/or supporters conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative and/or violent behaviour.
"Both clubs have until 24 September 2013 to respond to the charge."
Sleaford Town were 2-1 up in the clash with Huntingdon Town when, with only three minutes left, a violent melee broke out allegedly involving 20 people.
The referee then abandoned the game.
Representatives from both clubs have said they were distressed and appalled by the scenes at Sleaford’s Eslaforde Park.
Sleaford club president Brian Rowland had previously described the violence as "unbelievable."