Snow causing multiple accidents on Lincolnshire roads
UPDATE (5pm): Incidents reported by Lincolnshire Road Policing Unit in the last hour:
- A lorry and cars have broken down on the A157 at Burgh on Bain, between Wragby and Louth.
- A lorry has broken down on the A46 at Faldingworth, near Market Rasen.
- Six cars stuck on a hill at Swinthorpe near Market Rasen.
- Three vehicles were involved in an incident on the A1028 Roman Road at Skendleby, near Spilsby. One side of the road was blocked with a car in a ditch.
- A car left the A158 Partney Road at Sausthorpe near Spilsby.
- There has been a crash at bottom of Upper Long Leys Road near the junction with Yarborough Road, Lincoln.
- A car went into a ditch on the A158 Horncastle Road, at High Toynton near Horncastle.
Get hi lites or low lites and a cut & blowdry with Hannah or Daniel between 10th and 14th December for only £40.00 please contact the salon for more details, just let us know its with this voucher.
Terms: terms and conditions apply and limited spaces
Contact: 01522 305178
Valid until: Saturday, December 14 2013
- A lorry is stuck on Station Road in Waddington. Drivers advised to avoid the area.
- An electricity cable has caused a road accident on the A153 at Haltham, between Horncastle and Coningsby.
Heavy snow has contributed to more than ten road accidents across Lincolnshire since hitting this morning.
Police have urged drivers to make only necessary journeys and lower their speeds.
At least five incidents have happened in Lincoln and the surrounding area.
These include a two-vehicle crash in Church Lane, Washingborough at around 1.30pm, and a car sliding into a ditch in Ferry Lane, Kettlethorpe, near Newton on Trent.
People were injured in both incidents.
Lincolnshire Police spokesman James Newall described the conditions as "appalling".
He said: "We would advise that if you don't need to make a journey, don't make it.
"If you do, then drive to the conditions.
"It's pretty appalling conditions at the moment so please drive cautiously.
"Make sure your car is fit for the road before you start and all the snow is removed from it.
"Take some water, screen wash and warm clothing and take sensible precautions."