Fire which closed Newark Road believed to be accidental
The fire which closed Newark Road in Lincoln yesterday is believed to have been accidental.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue say they think it was caused by sparks from nearby welding equipment, which set light to a shed in Saville Street.
However it was close to two gas cylinders, one containing oxygen and another with acetylene.
It meant five fire engines and police were called to the scene at around 1pm yesterday.
Get hi lites or low lites and a cut & blowdry with Hannah or Daniel between 10th and 14th December for only £40.00 please contact the salon for more details, just let us know its with this voucher.
Terms: terms and conditions apply and limited spaces
Contact: 01522 305178
Valid until: Saturday, December 14 2013
A 200 metre exclusion zone meant Newark Road had to be closed in both directions between St Catherines and Manby Street.
At around 4pm a temporary shelter was set up for people who couldn't reach their homes as a result.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue say there the incident has left severe fire damage to an outbuilding, downstairs bathroom and a kitchen.
The rest of the property was left with smoke and heat damage.
Crews used jets and hoses to put out the fire and cool down the cylinders to make them safe.