Nine people treated after 'chemical reaction' in toilet at property in Barrowby, near Grantham
At least nine people needed medical treatment after a 'chemical reaction' in a toilet caused poisonous fumes to fill a Barrowby property.
Two fire crews from Grantham were called to reports of a smoke-logged building in High Road just after 4pm yesterday.
A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "The fumes were caused by a chemical reaction between toilet blocks and domestic bleach.
"Fire and rescue used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to remove the toilet blocks and flush away."
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Firefighters gave four casualties oxygen and nine were treated at the scene by ambulance crews.